Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Choices

With the students first day back at school, and some of them stinking some kind of funk...(bad hygiene or gym class?), I analyzed the choices I had made about the work/mommy situation. Buy a tiny, old 1200 square foot bungalow in a mediocre Detroit 'burb and stay home with Xander, thus resign from job, or buy brand new 2700 square foot house in plush Detroit' burb and keep job as high school teacher? Hmmm...you know what I did as I have been lecturing all day to smelly teens who wished they were still on summer vacation. And who doesn't wish that? Three co-workers/new-moms have decided not to return to school this year! But it's all good as the plaque on my wall reads, "Teachers: preserve the past, reveal the present, create the future." While napping with Xander today, one ear heard Oprah say, "it's never to late to live your dreams." ...which is exactly what I am trying to do.

No comments: