Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GIVE THANKS

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I'm trying to fill my glass half full instead of half empty. It helps to write down and remember what I am grateful for in my life, instead of complaining about what my life lacks. I think Sheryl Crow said it best, "It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you got." Soak up some sun (or rain) this holiday and make a list of things you are thankful. Here's mine:

*my health
*my beautiful, healthy son
*my family's health
*my husband
*my job
*my house
*my friends
*thin crust, whole wheat pizza
*Chenin Blanc
*The punk channel on Sirius radio
*my green eyes
*my education
*Kensington Community Church
*Weeds, Ugly Betty, Californication, and The Office
*my cell phone
*books, magazines
*donating money to help end domestic violence
*the colors of autumn
*my Netflix account
*Target
*Starbucks
*food, heat, clothing
*love
*kisses and "squeezes" from Xander
*dreams that come true
*students who are respectful and listen
*readers of CONFESSIONS OF A CATHOLIC SCHOOLGIRL
*Borders Bookstores
*heated car seats/remote start
*the internet
*babysitters
*vacations
*freedom

No comments: