Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Door-to-Door Annoyance

I had just put my 3-year-old down for a much needed nap, when our dog went berserk barking and growling at the front door. This is the 3rd time this week solicitors have come to my door. First, it was the magazine guy while scrambling to get out of the house, then there was the coupon book girl during dinner, and now a Health Care bill petitioner asking me questions, pleading for my signature---during NAP TIME.

Nap time is not only needed for a cranky toddler, but it is also a necessity for a tired mother. But with always a million things to do and get done, instead of using that time to relax...read a book or watch some television, I need to clean or do laundry, start dinner, get some writing done, check email, etc.

So no, there is NOT a good time to come back later or call back later. Why do they always ask this? If I need to purchase something I will go out and buy it, thank you. I will not buy it at my front door during NAP TIME, or dinner time, or any other time.

Now get off my property! Please tell me I am not the only homeowner annoyed by this summer explosion solicitation.

No comments: