Tuesday, August 05, 2008

THIS is The Last Lecture--Randy Pausch's contradictions

It is not about achieving your dreams but living your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you.

I thought this quote from the late Randy Pausch tied in nicely from one of my earlier posts questioning if chasing dreams was just a waste of time. I totally agree with this quote and strive each day to live it out loud. I am, of course, still waiting for the good karma to come. Patience. Faith. BELIEVE. I think I'm leading my life the right way, are YOU?

Never underestimate the importance of having fun. I’m dying and I’m having fun. And I’m going to keep having fun every day because there’s no other way to play it.

This quote reminds me to live in the moment and not just for a wish or hope. Sometimes sadness and frustration kill you just a little more each day and you have to be remember to count your blessings, and have FUN because you never know if tomorrow will come.

Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop people who don’t want it badly enough.

I have a love/hate relationship with this quote. Does it contradict with number one above? Is my brick wall stopping the good karma from flowing into my life? Staying up late reading, watching TV, blogging, or shopping online could possibly be brick walls that I built myself? Instead of finishing my next book and spending time doing some actual WRITING, please re-read quote number 2 again.

No comments: